Benefits of Water Aerobics
Do you love swimming? With summer quickly approaching, pool season is near!! While you are splashing around and swimming, think about working out in the pool! Water aerobics has many benefits; here are just a few examples:
- Low risk for injury
- Water provides resistance to help build strength
- Cardiovascular workout and increases your endurance
- Low impact work out, which takes a lot of pressure off your joints
- Helps reduce stress
- It is a whole body workout
- Easily tailored to anyone’s fitness level so everyone can benefit from water aerobics, regardless of age
Water aerobics can have a great impact on anyone’s life and just think about how much fun it can be – so splash a little, move a lot, and enjoy your summer!
About the Author:
Katie Finnegan is a student at Calhoun Community College, and is getting her Associates in May to be a Licensed Physical Therapists Assistant in May 2017. Katie attended the University of Alabama and graduated in 2014 with a bachelors in Exercise Science. She is currently finishing her last clinical round at the Patrick Rehab Center and is excited for graduation. She is from Hazel Green, Alabama.