Ready to get fit but concerned about joint pain and soreness? Have you considered aquatic exercise? Performing exercise in the swimming pool is a great option for all individuals, including those with joint pain, back pain or individuals carrying extra weight.
Benefits of aquatic exercise:
- The water softens the impact on the joints making exercise less painful.
- The buoyancy of the water counteracts gravity, resulting in decreased compression of the spine.
- Water provides natural resistance against your movements requiring your muscles to work harder, resulting in increased strength and balance.
- Blood vessels dilate, increasing circulation while performing aquatic exercise.
- Joining an aquatic exercise class provides an opportunity to interact with others.
- Exercising in warm water keeps muscles and joints warm, reducing risk of injury.
- Aquatic exercise can be calming and relaxing, resulting in decreased levels of stress.
The Patrick Rehab-Wellness Center features and Olympic-sized swimming pool with water classes offered for all levels of fitness. Grab your swimsuit and join us!