Speech Language Therapy
Nearly one in ten Americans suffer from an impairment in their ability to communicate such as speech, language, voice, hearing and swallowing disorders. Through speech language pathology services, individuals may improve or regain their communication skills and swallowing abilities.
Common speech disorders include a broad range of conditions which affect a person’s ability to hear, speak or understand speech, use language, swallow safely, or read and write effectively.
Speech-language therapy provides services for:
- Cognitive retraining following head injury or stroke
- Aural Rehabilitation for hearing impairment
- Voice therapy for physiological and neurological voice disorders
- Treatment of fluency disorders
- Treatment of swallowing disorders
- Augmentative and alternative communication
- Developmental problems in children